27 Nov 2017

All good things come to an end

When I started this blog I was planning to collect all of my rp-"crimes" since I started roleplaying in online-games.
Turned out that it is not easy to collect everything, because I did not post stories or scene-summaries continously. Also, the way I roleplayed was not always the same. There are tons of chatlogs in SWtoR, for example. But very few stories. Same to Wildstar. Or World of Warcraft. Or TSW/SWL.

Anyway, this post is not about what will become of my blog, but about saying my personal good-byes to some... things.


Summary:

1. @Ebha_TSW  will die
2. @inq_amelia is on a (super secret) mission
3. @MK_Matches stays around
4. SWL itself is no reason to login anymore
5. I will still answer DMs on Mia

1. Let's start with the fate of Dr. Edith Edwards:
Ethan-Player and I recently (heh... more like weeks ago...) agreed to let the marriage of Ethan and Edith come ot an end. I don't play her anymore and although he is one of my dearest roleplaying-partners of all times, I feel better with knowing I'm able to "let him go", instead of keeping him on hold.
Edith will die. And yes, she will die and be gone forever, no chance for coming back to life.
There is a rule for all my no-bee characters: They are mortal until they die of a supernatural attack.
So, in this case, there will be something silly mundane like a normal car accident or slipping on wet floor and breaking neck. This way everybody can be sure that she is gone for good.
Why does Eddy have to die? Because this is one of those couples made for eternity. Literally. Death is the only way to seperate them. They would never cheat on each other.
In german we say: Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken, als ein Schrecken ohne Ende.

Goodbye Dr. Edith Edwards. We had so much fun, so many tears, so very intense moments together.
Rest in Peace now.

2. What about Amelia?
Someone asked me if I would continue playing her and back then I really wanted to. It was when SWL was new and fresh and everybody was motivated and ambitious to do something (ingame).
There was not much time to keep her up and about, though. I had a story for her 4 month-abscence, but from a small scene with Rovena on, there was not much more.
But Amelia will not die. I like her very physical approach to conflicts very much. It's very different from what I am used to do in roleplay.
Amelia Vessel remains what she is: an executioner of the Templar's Inquisition. Oh wow, I forgot the spoiler-tag :) Well, it was not really a secret. She just used different words to describe her work. And when others heard "inquisition", most of them did not really want to ask what and how and why and so on.
Inquisitor Vessel is on a mission. A very delicate one that will last for... Whatever time it takes me to get back to her.

3. What about Mia?
Now, that's a tough one. She's the one that prevents me from saying goodbye for good to this game.
Mia will stay where she is. When not noted otherwise (in her tweets), she will be with her family in Belfast. She still has friends, I know, friends who want to see her and talk to her. In case you want your character to visit her or Mia to visit your character "off-screen", let me know and we talk about it.
She will remain the grumpy little leprechaun, coming out of nowhere, judging you and hitting you (with words) where it hurts the most.
Antoher reason to keep her around: I am still curious if anyone will manage to find out more about her than she is willing to tell. Jules was already heading in the right direction. My, that was a dangerous road indeed.

4. What about the game itself?
Ugh. It's boring.
The setting is still awesome and blahblah, but SWL is nothing really better than TSW was before. Not for me. Mia made it to the Carpathian Fangs and that's where I stopped logging in. Amelia exists as a character but did not even make it to meet Sonnac yet (... I think. Not sure.)
Except for two of you nobody reached out to me to ask for logging in, RP, or simply having a chat.
And that's good! Means that very few prey my conscience. And those who do are really patient sympathetic players.
To all others: thank you for not missing me. No irony here, I'm honest with you. I just don't like leaving scorched soil or lose ends. In case anybody feels like there is something like that, they are invited to let me know and we will work on a solution together.

5. What about me?
I will still handle Mia's twitter account, as well as my own private one. My free time is recently spend on other things than SWL (most of it is work, as every year before christmas). 
Reach out to me if you feel like it, I won't mind.
Answers might be delayed, though :)






2 comments: