19 Jun 2017

the greatest love of all (TSW)

May 24th 2015, Ealdwic

[17:53] *Sennex steps inside the shop, quickly taking in the small room and its patrons. He nods at the barista, then looks at the young woman next to the counter. He dials of a small grin and walks over.
[17:53] Sennex winkt Ihnen zu.
[17:54] [Ebha]: "Hey", Eddy smiles. "So you've made it out of Kaidan. Welcome."
[17:58] *Sennex nods, his eyes unreadable beneath the dark glasses -- but the smile is pleasant enough. "We have a route in and out, back to the Agartha point if we need it that's pretty safe. Just a quick jog and you're out... " he runs a wide hand through his still-damp hair. "Just a short hop, a stopover at the flat for a shower and here I am." Ethan's smile warms a bit. "I'm glad you agreed to have some coffee with me."
[18:02] [Ebha]: "I promised to, did'nt I?" She laughs with a slightly deeper sounding voice. a short, but warm laughter. "It's good to see you in person. twitter is always a little un-personal."
[18:06] [*Sennex]: "You did promise... and I appreciate it." The big man nods. "Yes ma'am, Twitter is... I'd much rather have a face top speak to, a tone of voice to listen to, " he says in a decidedly neutral, midwestern American accent. "It's the interactions between us that keeps us... human? Grounded?"
[18:09] [Ebha]: "Wise words, Ethan. On the other hand is twitter your connection to us who stayed at home, when you're out there."
[18:11] *Sennex smiles. "True... In fact, if you think of it... Twitter is a lifeline sometimes. In fact, " he glances down toward his boots. "If it weren't for Twitter, I doubt I'd have ever gotten a chance to meet you." Ethan looks back up, the smile slightly more sheepish.
[18:14] Ebha smiles charmingly. "That's absolutely correct! What was it? I guess, I just told you, Jericho and Darias to be careful... Or something like that." Again a small laughter.
[18:18] *Sennex keeps the fact he enjoys the sound of her laughter to himself -- but he does enjoy hearing it. "I think so, ma'am... and we were." He smiles back. Then he glances at the waiting barista. Looking back at Eddy, he says: "Perhaps we should order two coffees to go, and maybe enjoy the park?"
[18:18] *Sennex looks about the nearby tables, makes an approving sound, then pockets a handful of salt packets from one of the dispensers.
[18:18] [*Sennex]: "If you'd like to, that is?"
[18:23] [Ebha]: "Yes, of course. Cappuccino for me, please."
[18:26] *Sennex orders the young woman's drink along with a black coffee for himself. He slips some bills across the counter, and soon hands Eddy her cappucino. "Hope it's not too hot... Ready?"
[18:27] [Ebha]: "ready to go. And thank you" another wide smile, as she takes the cappuccino.
[18:28] [*Sennex]: "Follow me then, ma'am..."
[18:29] [*Sennex]: "Here okay..."
[18:30] *Sennex offers to drape his coat onto the grass for Eddy to sit on.
[18:32] [Ebha]: "it's okay.. Oh, very kind, thank you. not too cold for you?" she waits a moment, before she sits down.
[18:32] *Sennex spread out his coat and shakes his head. "No, I'm fine... " He smiles and joins her.
[18:33] [Ebha]: "How long have you been in Kaidan, until today?"
[18:35] *Sennex carefully removes the lid of the coffee cup, then adds the contents of two salt packets to the dark liquid. Taking a sip, he nods to himself, then replaces the lid. Ethan looks at Eddy. "I think... ten days, thereabouts?" He grins a bit. "It's lots of fun, let me tell you... "
[18:37] [Ebha]: "Fun?" eddy sounds sceptical, but then the salt catches her attention... "Why are you adding salt to your coffee?"
[18:41] *Sennex glances down at his cup, his handsome face reddening a tiny bit. He looks back up to Eddy and shrugs. "When I was a kid, I loved to read about real cowboys, about how they lived their daily lives... One thing that they'd do on the trail was add salt to a pot of coffee when it came to a boil, in order to settle the grounds. I tried it once when I was older, and kind of liked it." He chuckles softly. "I guess deep down, it makes me think I'm riding the range...?"
[18:43] [Ebha]: "So I was right. Your're a cowboy." She grins and shakes her head, adding another short laugh. "YYou know what? I add cinnamon to most of my meals, when I cook. that's worse."
[18:43] *Sennex takes another sip, allowing his eyes a chance to glance about their surroundings -- and to enjoy another look at Eddy.
[18:45] [*Sennex]: "Oh? In Cincinatti Ohio, they add chocolate and cinnamon to chili, then pour it over spaghetti or hot dogs, and add shredded cheese... They call them 3-ways and Coneys..."
[18:45] [*Sennex]: "You enjoy cooking?"
[18:47] [Ebha]: "When I have the time to - and a kitchen for it. Most of the time, when I cook, my mother assits me. Or I assist her, depends on the meal."
[18:50] *Sennex drinks a bit more of his coffee. He seems to be enjoying the moment. "So... What's your favorite dish to cook?"
[18:55] [Ebha]: "Just everything that is sweet and full of cream and butter and will go right to my hips as soon as I only see the recipe!" She loughs out. "I just _love_ cakes and pastry. I would bath in sweet cream, if I could."
[18:58] *Sennex stifles a laugh, though a tiny snort escapes his lips. More warmth enters his smile. "Perhaps you could use angel food cake as a float..." The big man cocks his head. "It's been a long while since I've had a good dessert... Too many of them around here... They don't have the right flavors, you know?" he shrugs. "I guess everyone gets used to the food back home, right?"
[19:02] [Ebha]: "absolutely right. My Dad's from Mississippi. He does wonderful banana foster. And the british are strange, somehow. They put mint to everything." Eddy laughs again and sips her cappuccino.
[19:04] Volsyn weint.
[19:07] *Sennex chuckles, despite himself. He looks over toward the nearby statue. 'What I miss is a really good hamburger..." he muses.
[19:09] [Ebha]: "there's only one way to eat a good hamburger." She grins. "I hope you know."
[19:11] *Sennex cocks his head again. "How is that? I may have been eating them wrong all these years... " He smiles.
[19:11] [Ebha]: "With bacon, of course!"
[19:13] *Sennex laughs. The sounds seems little used. "Well, everything is better with bacon... maybe even your pa's bananna foster... "
[19:14] [*Sennex]: "There's a really great burger joint in the town near where I live, in Casper. Good onion rings too."
[19:18] [Ebha]: "I should try it once." She smiles at him. "My Dad's adding bacon to everything, which my mum finds disgusting. She's more fond of fish-dishes. They fight more about dishes than anything else." when talking about her family, her glance and her voice become much warmer and she does not hide her home-sickness at all. "I miss them."
[19:19] *Sennex 's voice softens. "You should go see them... I'm betting they'd love it."
[19:23] [Ebha]: "Yes, maybe. But it may be better to get along with this situation here, before I go home again. I don't want to bother them. Or bring them into any troubles I might cause." She sighs, then sips her cappuccino. "It's difficult, the whole thing that brought me here."
[19:30] *Sennex glances down. "Do you mean this whole secret world of ours, or something more personal?" His voice is low.
[19:32] [Ebha]: "both."
[19:33] *Sennex swallows, unsure of... He takes a chance. "What's going on with you ma'am? If I can help...?"
[19:35] [Ebha]: "No, you can't. Don't worry, it's okay. the only thing you _could_ actually do is not to look in my eyes, when I'm upset. But as I do not plan to be upset in the near future, all will be fine."
[19:35] [Ebha]: "Sounds weird, I know." she laughs, but not happily.
[19:38] [*Sennex]: "Not look..." Ethan is confused. "What do you mean? Is there something wrong with your eyes?" He manages to resist the temptation, instead looking toward her cheek as they speak.
[19:40] [Ebha]: "Only when I'm upset... It's a temper." She laughs a little, trying to put some humor in, while feeling awkward. "for now it's okay, Ehtan." She puts her glasses of. Now her differently colured eyes (left is hazel, right is grey) are no longer hidden. "Take a look."
[19:42] *Sennex despite his normal wariness, the sound of her voice... Ethan slips off his own glasses, exposing his ice-blue eyes. He blinks, then shifts slightly, in order to look into Eddy's.
[19:45] Ebha smiles soothingly and just holds a direct glance without saying a word, but not for long: "Damn, Ethan. You have beautiful eyes!"
[19:47] *Sennex blinks, caught off guard. He begins to speak, then stops before a stammer escapes. He simply shrugs a bit, and says "Thanks, ma'am..."
[19:48] Ebha laughs a little. "accepting compliments is not alway easy. It's okay." she puts her glasses back on. "But now you see, nothing happened."
[19:49] [*Sennex]: "Right... so what's the issue? What *might* have happened?" He fumbles his own glasses back on, obviously not used to such attention.
[19:51] [Ebha]: "I will tell you. But not today. Is that acceptable fpr you?"
[19:52] *Sennex nods. "Of course... Especially since, " he pauses, takes another chance. "I'd like to see you again, sometime..."
[19:53] *Sennex sips some of his salty coffee.
[19:53] [*Sennex]: "Assuming of course, you might as well..."
[19:53] Ebha nods, as if this would be a natural thing. to see each other again. "Of course."
[19:55] [*Sennex]: "Good, " Ethan says, the sound in his voice a bit less confined than before. He finishes his coffee, and simply holds the cup loosely in his hand.
[19:56] [Ebha]: "Will you go back tonight?"
[19:58] *Sennex glances toward the statue again. "Sure... Someone has to. If we don't, it might be a like a dam that breaks and floods the whole world in filth. Me and the others over there...." Ethan's voice seems far-off. "We are a line that can't be allowed to break."
[20:03] [Ebha]: "You're brave."
[20:05] *Sennex shakes his head. "Not really brave... I just know what I'm good at, and willing to do it. " his smile is soft, like his voice. "Brave would be someone still trying to do the same thing, only without a bunch of super-powers... " he shrugs. "If I didn't try to stem the tide, someone else would have to brave the horrors, and it wouldn't be right to make someone take my place, you know?"
[20:08] [Ebha]: "Yes." she nods. "I know." she looks at him, a while without saying anything, until a smiles gets back on her lips. "Remember that bravery is not a lack of fear. but the ability to move forward in spite of fear."
[20:09] [Ebha]: "... it's a quote of my mum, actually. I like it."
[20:09] [*Sennex]: "She's obviously a wise lady... You must be very proud."
[20:11] [*Sennex]: "... and she's right, fear preserves us, keeps us alive."
[20:15] [Ebha]: "She definitely is a wise lady." Eddy nods and agrees. "So you da not have a speical ability? like Ilana, with fire?"
[20:15] [Ebha]: *you do not
[20:16] [*Sennex]: "No ma'am... I'm just plain old Ethan, " he says with a soft grin. "I'm just a knuckle-dragger they send in to break things. I'm not very special at all."
[20:18] [Ebha]: "until you take your glasses off" she grins.
[20:20] *Sennex laughs at the grass. "You sure know how to make a man feel like a better man... I appreciate the kind words, ma'am."
[20:21] [Ebha]: "I send you back with some positive memories, hopefully."
[20:21] *Sennex slowly stands, holding out a big hand for the woman to grab onto.
[20:22] [*Sennex]: "All you *are* is a positive memory, Eddy."
[20:23] Ebha grabs his hand and let him help her standing up, although it's obvious that a ballet dance won't need help for that. "Ethan, memories are past us. That's not _all_ I want to be." She strikes a charming smile, lokking up to him.
[20:25] *Sennex blinks beneath his glasses, re-hearing what she just said. He scuffs at the dirt and smiles. He looks up. "I think that would be really nice too, Eddy... " He takes a moment to grab up his coat, and shake it a bit. Then he slips it on over his big shoulders.
[20:26] Ebha picks a leaf from his shoulder. "Take care out there. And thanks for the coffee."
[20:28] *Sennex watches her slender fingers pull away from his coat... He nods. "I'll be seeing you, ma'am..." he touches a thumb and forefinger to his temple, then drops his hand. Ethan walks toward the tube station, stopping to glance over his shoulder for a moment before moving on.
[20:28] Sennex winkt Ihnen zu.
[20:29] [Ebha]: "Bye." She sees after him, a while. Then she will go too.

Ethan proposed to Edith with a coffee bean inside a ring box on October 31st 2015 in New Orleans.
They got married on February 17th 2016 in New Orleans and this is how Dr. Edith Thorne became Dr. Edith Edwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment